After months of searching the globe for talented fashion designers, Christian Fashion Week announced the full line up for Christian Fashion Week 2014. Over 60 applications were submitted through the organization's website but only 17 designers were chosen for the February 2014 showcase. The following is a list of the fashion designers chosen to participate:
- · Julia Chew / Xiaolin (Enchanting, alluring garments)
- · Sumita Bhojwani / KalaXpress (Indian fusion)
- · Dali Hernandez / House of Dali (for the working woman)
- · Rene Scarborough / 2 Coconuts (Swimwear)
- · Wildy Sanchez, Katie Martinez, Sarah McPhillips / Elegantees (Relaxed, edgy, modern femininity)
- · Bine & Bass (Menswear)
- · Vonique Mason / Mikra (Ebenezer Collection)
- · Elaine Grullon / EJ Fashion and Design
- · Ricc Rollins / Classic Gentlemen (Menswear)
- · Damaris Rubio (Styles from the Dominican Republic)
- · Roy Smoothe / Just Cool (Menswear from the UK)
- · Jonathan Allen / Narrowgate (UK)
- · Ronnisha Tolefree / Aura Boutique (Elegant fabrics, edgy looks)
- · Jessica Rios / All Brides 2 Be (Bridal)
- · Rachel Weathersby / Madame Weathersby (Couture with European flair)
- · Angel Myers / Angel Myers Designs (Plus Size)
- · Medinah Hagan-Morgan (Suits)
"It took longer than expected to carefully look through each designer's application and the design samples that were sent to us," commented Fashion Director, Mayra Gomez. "We want quality designers who were going to produce garments that were going to be unique, stylish, and representative of what our event is known for. We are confident that we have found that in our 17."
Christian Fashion Week originally announced that it would showcase 16 fashion designers for its 2014 showcase. However, plans changed after the fashion designers applications began flooding in and it became more and more difficult to narrow the participants down to a smaller group.
"We are honored to have several of last year's participants with us again," said Jose Gomez, Executive Director for Christian Fashion Week speaking of 2013 fashion designers Julia Chew, Sumita Bhojwani, and Rene Scarborough. "We could have put on a show for them alone. But, with the addition of the 14 other designers we have chosen, Christian Fashion Week 2014 is sure to be a thrilling experience."
Christian Fashion Week will be holding model auditions for its over 100 applications in November. Tickets for Christian Fashion Week 2014 will go on sale December 1.